We need to pick up the option on Chris Gregoire. You can't do any better than she has done. Heck, you can't even do as good. This is Field of Dreams stuff. And like any great player, she makes those around her better, too. Highlights for one citizen:
* Medical liability agreement
* $940 million surplus in the bag to plug the dike in the next biennium
* Civil rights act (at the legislature's lead)
* Puget Sound clean-up
* 4-year school in the Tri-Cities
* Beginning to compete on quality education, not tax giveaways, and thus starting a race to the top instead of a race to the bottom.
* Partnering with Oregon on transportation. It's about time we started working together. We don't need to fight over puny high tech companies, we need to maximize our geographic advantages.
On education (and if you don't think this is economics, too, tell me who is going to pay your social security and make your stocks worth more than mattress filler)
* Department of Early Learning -- BIG payback coming on this one.
* Washington Learns, a down to the foundation, 18-month study of how to do education right.
* Q: Chaired by who? A: Chris Gregoire.
I luv this guv.