“Americans are finding jobs and they’re taking home more pay,” Bush said. “The main reason for our growing economy is that we cut taxes and left more money in the hands of families and workers and small business owners.”That's not the economy here on the ground, Dub.
--George W. Bush, (last Friday)
First, there's the taxes you don't admit.
- The health care tax -- premiums have doubled for employers and employees over the past five years.
- The corporate gas price tax -- gas prices went through the roof, generating hundreds of billions of dollars in profits for Big Oil.
- The deficit tax -- Every dollar borrowed by the Bush regime must be repaid. Yes. Taxes are down this year, on the rich, but the debt is exploding, but every dime has to be repaid, with interest -- with taxes. Maybe that's you. Maybe that's your children. But it's SOMEBODY'S taxes.
- Most Americans are not sharing in the economic activity there is. Look it up at the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.
- Median family income adjusted for inflation has dropped $3,000 per year since 2000. Check out the Economic Policy Institute.
- The tax cuts have favored the rich, not the middle class. EPI again.